Date: 13 to 28 November 2021
USD 1 600.00 per person for group 4 to 16 persons Approx. ZAR 25600
Depart 13 November 2021 to Kathmandu, Nepal
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (TIA) 1 310m. Overnight at hotel. One of our representatives will pick you up at the airport and escort you to your hotel at Kathmandu, Nepal. There, you can take the day off and prepare your equipment for the upcoming trek. In the evening, you will be briefed about the journey in a welcome party hosted by the company.
Day 02: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2 610m) 4-5 hour. Overnight at Tea House. After breakfast, we will take an early morning flight to the Tenzin and Hillary Airport. It takes us about 30 minutes to arrive at the Lukla village. From there, an easy trek will take us to the village of Phakding. This trip gives us our first view of the Himalayas. We will come across various suspension bridges and prayer stones along the way.
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazar (3 440m) 6- 7 hour. Overnight at Tea House. The path to the Bazaar, our destination for the day, is quite steep and uphill with long and high suspension bridges. We come across various prayer wheels and signs throughout the trek. The breathtaking views of snow capped mountains and fast flowing rivers will amaze us all day. Namche is a big town with a large number of local stores with items ranging from souvenirs to regular day items.
Day 04: Acclimatization day. Overnight at Tea House. To prevent ourselves from the changing climatic conditions, taking a day off to acclimatize is a must. Today, we will stroll around the bazaar and visit museums and monasteries located near the village. We can also visit coffee shops and bakeries with a free Wi-Fi connection and spend the day exploring shops with varieties of items.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3 867m) 6- 7 hour. Overnight at Tea House. We start off to the village of Tengboche with less paved and narrower paths. We will cross a couple of long and strong suspension bridges and lush pine forest to arrive at Tengboche. Tengboche has the largest monastery in the Khumbu Region which is why this village is also called the monastery village.
Day 06: Tengboche to Dingboche (4 410m) 6-7 hour. Overnight at Tea House. We start off easy today as we descend on a fairly wide path with well-grown trees. We will see large valleys and speeding streams far below us as we start climbing uphill. We will arrive at Dingboche after a long hike.
Day 07: Acclimatization day. Overnight at Tea House. We take another day off from climbing uphill to acclimatize ourselves with the changing climate. Today we will stroll around Dingboche and walk up to the Chukhung valley. We will be able to view snow and ice formations all over the valley. We will also be able to enjoy the scarce flora and fauna of the Everest Region. Down to Dingboche for overnight stay.
Day 08: Dingboche to Lobuche (4 940m) 4- 5 hour. Overnight at Tea House. Today, we hike up to the village of Lobuche. Not much climb today. Most of the climbs are just small inclines. We will be able to see clear flowing streams and mighty peaks surrounding the barren land of the Khumbu Region throughout the trek. The people of Lobuche are always busy in welcoming the guests as the village is the entrance to the Everest Base Camp.
Day 09: Lobhuche to Gorakhshep (5 140m) 7- 8 hour and Everest Base Camp (5 364m) Overnight in Gorakshep. Today, our dream comes true as we will be able to see the Everest Base Camp. We will start out on a narrow uphill path and then move towards wide valleys. The vegetation gets quite sparse as we move upwards. We will find many signs leading us to the base camp along the way. We walk past the village of Gorakshep to arrive at the base camp. The base camp is filled with many prayer flags and a lot of dust and rocks. We stay there to cream our eyes with the landscape views of large pools of water and ice formed by the melting ice. After a couple of hours, we head back to Gorakshep for overnight stay.
Day 10: Gorakhshep to Kalapathar (5 545m) and Pheriche (4 240m) 5- 6 hour. Overnight at Tea House. Early in the morning, we climb the Kalapathar to catch the sunrise view over the Mt. Everest. Kala Pathar is just a pile of large rocks and dust but it is famous for its incredible panoramic views of the surrounding peaks. We get back to Gorakshep for breakfast and then move towards the village of Periche. The trek is quite easy as we only need to hike downhill in a pretty flat surface. We will come across a memorial for the people who lost their lives in an attempt to climb the mighty Everest. The day is quite a long one and the hardest as we ascend a thousand meters and descend another thousand meters.
Day 11: Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3 440m) 7- 8 hour. Overnight at Tea House. A hard day as we have to follow our path to the same Sherpa village where we stayed for two days. We have to descend a long way crossing several suspension bridges. The drop is almost 1000 meters so the trek will seem quite hard and long.
Day 12: Namche Bazaar to Lukla. Overnight at Tea House. We will cross the villages of Cheplung, Ghat and Phakding to arrive at the Lukla village. We follow the same rugged path to reach Lukla where we will overnight.
Day 13: Lukla to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel. After breakfast, we will fly to the Kathmandu Airport. We will freshen up and head off for sightseeing in the historic city of Kathmandu. We will visit Swayambhunath Stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square and Boudhanath.
Day 14: Departure. One of our agents will escort you to the international airport of Nepal and bid you adieu.
- All ground transports in private vehicle including airport transfers
- Three nights (twin sharing beds) accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Full board meals with tea/coffee (Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner) during the trek
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek, we provide you attached bathroom with hot shower at Lukla, Phakding and Namche
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff
- Round trip flight Kathmandu – Lukla, and Lukla – Kathmandu including departure taxes
- Duffle bag for the trekking
- Down jacket during the trek, if required
- Trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- Sagarmatha National Park Permits fee
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers’ Information Management System (Please bring 2 passport size photos for permit)
- Government taxes and office service charge
- Entrance fees during Kathmandu and Pokhara sightseeing
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel insurance
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa: Obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying the USD 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying the USD 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- Cold drinks Inc. coke, water, Fanta etc.
- Snacks and other personal expenses
- Hot shower during the trek except for Phakding, Namche and Lukla
- Personal trekking equipment
- Wi-Fi internet during the trek
- Tips and gratuities for guide, porters, waiters, and drivers. Minimum 10% of account.
Post/Trip expires at 11:54am on Saturday November 27th, 2021